?

Log in

Wed, Sep. 22nd, 2004, 01:22 pm
trinsec: Where the Salton goes back to the Romulan starbase and the bosses argue pointlessly

Bridge [Salton]
~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_
The room is a clean white room. Very bland. There are no view screens or consoles. There is only 3 chairs with helmet like visors as well as 2 plug like items hanging down. You will often see a Salton Droid connected to one.
~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_

Contents:                               Obvious Exits:
Salton                                  Aft (A) - [Corridor]
Perrim                                   
Cyber Jack 2                             
Cyber Jack 1 <Salton>                    
Virtual Mission Console 2 <IND_Salton>   
Virtual Mission Console 1                
Virtual Command Chair <Perrim>          



Nix strolls in, curiosity killed the cat. Lucky she's not a cat. "Anything going on?" she comments.
Perrim swivels his seat around. 'Se'kon, Itsu. How goes it? We're returning to Endeavour after the wedding on Algeron.'
Nix nods slightly, continuing her stroll towards the nearest headache-generator (aka: virtual reality console). "Missed most of it, but I did manage to sneak out briefly to grab some kind of cake." Her face looks sour, "At least, I /hope/ it was a cake, albeit a very bad tasting one." She takes a seat and puts on a helmet.
You man Virtual Mission Console 1.


[Virtual Mission Console 1 is now in Monitor/Observer mode.]
--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 90.150 359.637                 Speed: Warp 9.519000       
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: [0.052] PC/sec      
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[ETA is 16 min 29 sec]


--[Border Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
Empire               Bearing Range   Status   Center Coordinates
-------------------- ------- ------- -------- ---------------------------------
Neutral Zone          40 345 [71.65] Outside   -9158.301    146.441      8.605
Ferengi              115 34  [38.92] Outside   -9262.807    149.809     84.717
Klingon               10 354 [98.33] Outside   -9086.372    111.588     19.210
Heimdall              89 1   [47.45] Outside   -9231.122    136.081     35.455
Federation           111 20  [3.623] Inside    -9197.944      0.000      0.000
Sh'ka'raian          108 301 [27.73] Outside   -9237.488    102.123      2.089
Paza                  83 31  [35.19] Outside   -9227.465    118.245     55.469
Romulan               58 345 [95.00] Outside   -9173.099    178.746      6.133
Romulan               58 342 [76.85] Outside   -9190.000    150.000     10.000
Romulan               85 359 [55.21] Outside   -9226.661    139.662     33.488
Isis                 152 353 [87.07] Outside   -9308.554    124.721     24.679
Orion                 68 300 [78.60] Outside   -9216.109    122.946    -36.663
Orion                 52 5   [67.82] Outside   -9188.461    139.626     41.487
Orion                 39 5   [76.48] Outside   -9171.131    133.424     42.542
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 90.150 359.637                 Speed: Warp 9.519000       
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: [0.052] PC/sec      
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perrim strokes his chin. 'Hmm. What colour was it?'
Nix ponders briefly while she's trying to orientate herself after seeing the endless vastness of space. She gives up, it's just all a bunch of white dots there. "Brown and green. Curious color combination I might add."

[Departing Federation space]
[WARNING]--[Entering Unclaimed space]

Perrim says, "Interesting. No, I believe the cake was a more redish colour."
Nix ughs, "You mean that was not a cake I ate? I wonder what that might have been..." Her head faces all weird-ass directions as she tries to look around in the space around her, virtual reality rocks! "Say, boss, could you just hail the Romulans and ask them what kind of food that one was? It had slightly the shape of a cake but it's brown and green instead of all that white frosty stuff."
Nix mutters, "Would be nice to know too whether my stomach needs to be pumped empty."
Perrim shrugs. 'Well, if you don't die by tomorrow, I'd assume it was alright.'
You say, "Um, I'd rather not find out that way. Ask them!"

[ETA is 10 min 17 sec]

Perrim says, "I strongly doubt they'd put out something that would kill you. You didn't find it on the floor or something, did you?"
Nix scowls, "I don't pick food from the /floor/! I found a deserted plate with leftovers of what I assumed was a cake."
Perrim says, "You didn't grab a plate and fill it from off the table like everyone else?"
Nix shakes her head, the helmet shaking along. "Nah, didn't get in the middle of the party, just quickly went out, grabbed the nearest food, and went back. After all, someone needed to guard the Salton!"
Perrim says, "I suppose. Salton seems pretty capable of guarding itself, though."
Nix yeah rights. "Yeah right. And that's why Cardies snoop around and stuff, I gather?" she mutters sarcastically. "Well, one thing's for certain. If I die, I'll never talk to you anymore, boss!"
Perrim chuckles. 'Fair enough. Hey Salton, what's our ETA?'
Salton says, "ETA is 3 min 8 sec"
Nix bahs and tries to focus on the little HUD display in her mind again. "Freaking helm."
Perrim nods. 'Very well. Have you heard anything from Endeavour?'
Salton says, "No"
Nix hehs and makes a smartass remark, "The Endeavour is not a sentient ship, I'd expect it not to be saying anything."

[Departing Unclaimed space]
[WARNING]--[Entering Heimdall space]
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (1): Base]
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (2): Base]

Perrim says, "Well, they can't all be, I suppose. Oh, Salton, I've been meaning to ask you something. What pronoun do you prefer us use for yourself?"


--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100  90 360 [0.131] F   0 0     None P Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100  90 360 [0.131] F   0 0     None P GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     ASeDL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 90.150 359.637                 Speed: Warp 9.180000       
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: [0.025] PC/sec      
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nix mrms, "Someone intercept. I think I kind of understand but don't know the intercept button."

[Salton]--[Autopilot destination reached]
[Speed now full stop]
Salton drops out of warp.


--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100   1 2   0.29316 A   0 0     None A Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100 192 1   103.883 F   0 0     None F GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     ASeDL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 153.628 0.102                  Speed: Stationary          
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--[Detailed Sensor Report]-----------------------------------------------------
            Type: Base                      Resolution: 4654000.840%        
            Name: Heimdall Array        Cargo Capacity: 2000030 mt          
           Class: Starlight               Displacement: 40000600 mt         
          Design: IR Base               Specialization: Starbase            
Docking Capacity: 10 ports            Landing Capacity: 10000150 mt         
           Flags: ASbEemDL            
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Contact Arc: A                     Contact Shield: Aft shield        UP
          Course: 0.000 0.000                    Speed: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Galactic X Y Z:       -9231.387         134.667          34.065
       Territory: Heimdall                    Quadrant: Beta                
         Bearing: 0.704 1.957                    Range: 0.29316 SU          
      Firing Arc: A                      Facing Shield: Aft shield          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You say, "Oh yay, about a hundred units away from the Romulan base."
Perrim says, 'Oh good.' He turns his head around in every which way. 'I'm not seeing Endeavour around.'
Nix points to the direction of the second contact, 'Wasn't it docked on that thing? Whoa, it looks weird from here."


--[Detailed Sensor Report]-----------------------------------------------------
            Type: Base                      Resolution: 1526063.265%        
            Name: GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt  Cargo Capacity: 1077034 mt          
           Class: Ahera                   Displacement: 21540670 mt         
          Design: Rihannsu Base         Specialization: Outpost             
Docking Capacity: 10 ports            Landing Capacity: 5385168 mt          
           Flags: ASeDL               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Contact Arc: F                     Contact Shield: Forward shield    UP
          Course: 0.000 0.000                    Speed: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Galactic X Y Z:       -9231.387         134.667          34.065
       Territory: Heimdall                    Quadrant: Beta                
         Bearing: 192.030 1.412                  Range: 103.883 SU          
      Firing Arc: F                      Facing Shield: Starboard shield    
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perrim says, "I dunno. Which thing?"
Nix peers in the distance, "Let's say, about a hundred units from here. That with the bright windows."
You do not have the necessary skill.
Nix grits her teeth in frustration, "Stupid HUD won't listen. Can't say else than it's a base-like thingy. Not that... uh.. what's that weird one?" She points to what is the Heimdall Array.



--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100   1 2   0.29316 A   0 0     None A Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100 192 1   103.883 F   0 0     None F GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     ASeDL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 155.253 0.102                  Speed: Stationary          
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perrim says, "Yeah, the damaged one is Heimdal, I believe."


---
Heimdall Array was a fairly traditional space station, when it was in one piece. The smooth black architecture is now terribly disfigured. At one point in time, a massive central torus cascaded down the slender core spindle going from ventral to dorsal points. Now, however, only half of that torus remains; an unfathomably wide section of the side is completely missing. Roughly forty-three percent of the structure has been torn away in a devastating arc, encompassing the starboard-fore sections of six decks which have lost pressure and life support systems. Three decks in the dorsal section, including the bridge, sustain a breathable atmosphere and regulated temperature, as well as a quarter of the sealed ventral deck.

The exposed, deep crater in Heimdall's side almost penetrates straight to the core at its farthest point. Several blocky sections are completely dark, some occasionally flicker with the diluted power systems gradually expending themselves. Jagged sections of bulkhead jutt out haphazardly into open space, exposing hundreds of bare corridors to the vaccum. Near the ventral portion of the damage, a partially-exposed fusion reactor core which reaches over two decks in length slowly leaks bright, burning plasma out of the emergency backup ventilation ports. The matter/antimatter reactor remains contained and functioning, though several fuel reserve tanks of deuterium have drained empty. Heimdall Array only barely remains intact through unruptured power flow on the port side, and self-contained emergency backup systems.
---


Nix ahs, "So that's the famous Heimdall thingy? Well, the other thing I meant. It's a Romulan type base, isn't it?"
Perrim says, "Hien, it is, I believe"
You say, "Alrighty, then we should be heading there. Last time we were there as well, so eh." She hehs, not sure if she's making sense, "Just let's head there alright."
You say, "Owh, boss, do me a favor.."
You say, "Try to show me how you do those maneuvres to get there."



--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100   1 2   0.29316 A   0 0     None A Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100 192 1   103.883 F   0 0     None F GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     ASeDL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 155.253 0.102                  Speed: Stationary          
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perrim says, "Well, it's different than flying a runabout, that's for sure. I've been asking Salton to help me learn how to pilot itself."
Nix nods fully in agreement, "I've trained in fighters, but this shit seriously is a bit bigger than that." She grins, "I'd really like to learn this stuff as well, although this virtual reality thing throws me off a bit."
Perrim says, "Yeah, it's throwing me off, too."
Nix hehes, "It also giving you a headache? I think I'm getting used to this weird mind-thing bit by bit."
Perrim says, "No, I haven't gotten any headaches yet, but I've only been connected to it directly twice."
Nix ohs, "Well, I got it on the first try. Guess you're lucky, then." She glances into the direction of the Romulan base, "D'you think you can navigate us there, though?"
Perrim taps his Communicator and says, "Kau'i, are you awake?"
Perrim's Communicator chirps followed by a voice saying, "Yes I am-"
Perrim taps his Communicator and says, "Would you mind coming to the Bridge?"
Kau'i has arrived.
Nix grins, "Quick."
Kau'i shrugs with a slight smile as she steps in, "I was on my way already, what can I do for you Perrim?"
Perrim says, "Indeed she is. We're at the Heimdall array. You wanted to prepare a package for Tasha?"
Nix moves her helmet up a slight bit in order to be able to look at Kau'i and Perrim.
Kau'i nods her head, "I brought you cake as well, Nix. You can get it later." Said to both Perrim and Nix before the woman slowly steps up to Perrim, "I have her care package ready. Could you contact her to ensure that she actually gets it? How far are we from the Endeavour?"
Nix looks pale and uhuhs at the mention of 'cake'. She swallows and lowers her helmet, blurgh.
Perrim says, "I dunno...where was Endeavour when last you were there?"
Kau'i raises an eyebrow, "At the Romulan station last time. Why are we not where I requested us to be? Is this just a stop to pick up perhaps scans for our own tests?" The woman looks towards Nix, "Give me a sensor report. Tell me what objects are near us right now. I want us back where we were previously before we went to this wedding."
Nix nods slightly, still looking pale. She glances around her into the space outside of the Salton's hull. "I see that thingy that's apparently the Heimdall Array straight behind us. And the Romulan base is about a hundred standard units in front of us."
Nix glances towards where Kau'i is standing, but with her helmet on the effect is quite funky.. she sees the empty space outside the Salton, just a bit bluer than normally. "I also told the director to go to the Romulan base, I dunno."
Nix hehes and seems to be amused by something.
Perrim shrugs. 'I have not been told where we were before. I asked Salton to take us to Endeavour. I see Heimdall Array and and a Romulan facility out there.'
Nix shrugs, "Sure thing. Can we land on the Heimdall?"
Perrim says, "Wasn't Heimdall the infected structure?"
Nix grins, "So I guess we do go to the Romulan base."
Perrim looks over in the direction of Kaui's voice. 'Where was Salton before. I will move us there.'
If Nix could boggle visibly, she'd have boggled visibly. Darn helmet.
Kau'i raises an eyebrow, "Perrim you need to read my reports more closely. The Heimdall was the source of the infection as far as we know so far, deck 10 on the Endeavour is where Tasha and three hundred or so other people are quarantined because Starfleet infected their own then ours. Last time we were on the base in communication with the Endeavour. We could always go to the Endeavour but I don't think they trust me now."
Salton says, "deck 8 is closed off as well"
You say, "On the Endeavour?"
Salton says, "yes"
You say, "Whoa."
Perrim says, "Then where do you suggest we go to?"

[Salton]--[Intercept course to GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt (2) set 192.030 1.412]
[Salton]--[Autopilot engaged]
[Salton]--[Speed set to 60.000% impulse]

Nix notices some changes in the HUD.
Perrim says, "Salton?"

[Salton]--[Autopilot destination reached]
[Speed now full stop]

Salton says, "the romulan base is safe"
Nix peers closely at the readings, trying to make sense. "The Romulan base is straight in front of us now."



--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100  12 359 103.379 A   0 0     None A Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100 192 1   0.79100 F   0 0     None F GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     ASeDL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 192.015 1.409                  Speed: Stationary          
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kau'i nods her head, "As safe as it can be. I'll have Nix and Alexander and a few others of our security officers guard the Salton round the clock. I dislike the fact the Cardassians were scanning him."
Nix oh yeahs and faces her head into the direction of Kau'i's voice, making her see blueish space again. She suppresses a giggle, "Ah, about that.. when could I get a nifty gun?"
Perrim nods. 'Then request landing access to the Romulan base and land when cleared. And if the Cardassians scan us again, we'll just scan them back.'
"As soon as Alexander trains you with one." Ome says quickly, "I don't know if you have any skills with one as Perrim didn't give me the details of why we hired you. You gave m ea run down that you talk to birds but.." She shrugs then.
Nix uhuhs at the 'talking to birds part' but decides not to correct. "Uh yeah. Right. Well, ok.." She coughs a little and looks back to the Romulan base looming over the Salton.



--[Federation News DataNet (49)]----------------------------[Post 227 of 227]--
             Sender: Alex
               Date: Sun Sep 19 14:59:10 2004
            Subject: Betazed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Text Only>

By order of Starfleet Command:

The planet of Betazed has a strict no-fly zone enforced around it at this time. Please contact your favorite Federation government representative for more information or permission to travel to Betazed.

<EOF>
--[@WebBoard System]--------------------------------------[Version 1.1 (SQL)]--



Perrim shrugs. 'She seemed like a competant individual who had skills such in security, and could help get information when needed.'
Nix's helmet bobs a bit, a sign that Nix is nodding.
"You should perhaps send me this information, Perrim. Regardless, until Alexander assesses your skill with a phaser Nix I suggest you remain the person who talks to those who hover around Salton, and we'll leave the phasers to the others for now. I'm sure Alexander would be willing to assess your skill later today or tonight."
Perrim says, "Didn't I? I thought I sent that information in the notice of employment..."
Nix grins slightly at the apparent chaos in the organization.
You say, "Yes ma'am. I'll bug mister Nighthawk if it be necessary. The guards he brought with him are worthless."
Kau'i shakes her head, "You gave me noticed that you had hired her. Nothing else." Little Bolian sets down on a seat, looking not quite pleased yet again, "I'll write you a memo to remind you to do such things."
Perrim shrugs. 'If you say I didn't, then I must not have. Odd...I thought I had. Anyhow...how do we go about asking our friends the Rihannu how to gain landing access to their station?'
Salton has disconnected.
Salton unmans Cyber Jack 1.
Nix hmms as there's no answer for a long time, "Hail them?"
Perrim says, "Indeed...anyone have any ideas how?"
Nix glances at the HUD display, "A ship-to-ship hail.. or a ship-to-base hail in this case.. would be possible."
Kau'i nods her head, "s2s them?" She asks softly as she turns on her chair to look at nix, "Exactly. There you go."

[Perrim]--[S2S sent to GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt (2): relay: Hailing GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt.]

Nix blinks, "How the hell did you pronounce that?"
Perrim says, "Very poorly, likely."
Nix snickers and tries to mimic it.. "Ahallahat." She shrugs, "Best I can do at the moment."

[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]--[Incoming S2S: What is it?]
[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]--[S2S bearing 192.015 1.409]

You say, "Ah, they responded."
Salton has connected.

[Perrim]--[S2S sent to GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt (2): relay: We were wondering if perhaps we could get landing access to your station, if you don't mind.]

Salton mans Cyber Jack 1.

[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]--[Incoming S2S: land now]
[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]--[S2S bearing 192.015 1.409]



--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Base 100  12 359 103.379 A   0 0     None A Heimdall Array           ASbEem
  2 Base 100 192 1   0.79100 F   0 0     None F GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt     AeDL  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 192.015 1.409                  Speed: Stationary          
        Location: Open Space                  Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



[Perrim]--[Salton landing on GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]
The Salton settles onto its landing pad.
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (1): Ship]
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (2): Ship]
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (3): Ship]
[WARNING]--[New sensor contact (4): Ship]



--[Sensor Report]--------------------------------------------------------------
### Type Res Bearing Range   A Heading Speed  A Name               Class flags
--- ---- --- ------- ------- - ------- ------ - ------------------------ ------
  1 Ship 100   0 0   0.00000 F   0 0     None F USS Endeavour            dL    
  2 Ship 100   0 0   0.00000 F   0 0     None F chR lloian v'Stelam      cd    
  3 Ship 100   0 0   0.00000 F   0 0     None F USS Deneva               d     
  4 Ship 100   0 0   0.00000 F   0 0     None F CFV Zadik                cl    
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Course: 0.000 0.000                    Speed: Stationary          
        Location: L:GCSB Aehallhahi'ae        Velocity: Stationary          
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Perrim glances to port. 'It would seem so. Hmm...now to land. Hmm...'
Nix glances to port too but sees nothing.
Excelt for the base's inner hull, that is.

[Perrim]--[Airlock connected with 'Pad 1' on GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt]

Perrim says, "Oh good. It would appear we've landed. Shutting down primary systems."

[Perrim]--[M/A reactor set at 0.000%]
[Perrim]--[Fusion reactor set at 0.000%]
[Perrim]--[Batteries set at 0.000%]
[Batteries set at 0.000%]

Nix raises her helmet, looking a bit cross-eyed for a second there. "Ok, yay, we've arrived." She nods, "Just in time before I got a big headache too."

[Fusion reactor balanced at 0.000%]
[M/A reactor balanced at 0.000%]

You unman Virtual Mission Console 1.

Nix stretches her legs, "Soooo... uh, so we arrived. What next?"
Perrim says, "Hmm...let's find out..."

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "Hailing Endeavour."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Tsalea says, "Responding"
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "What is your status?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Tsalea says, "It looks very bad Salton, be side the usual problems Commander Grey tried to help her husband on telepatic way but she seems to be overwhelmed. She requests emidiate assistence from other telepats. I fear about Commander Grey getting infected i was in telepatic contact with her and as far as I can judge we need we really need emidiate assistence now. I'll trie to help her as good as I can but it looks bad after all. Salton, could you help out in any way?"

Perrim glances to Kau'i and Nix. 'You two know the situation better than I do. Suggestions?'
Nix ums, "With that thing? I've never set foot on there." She ho-hums, "And hearing subspace, I don't think I want to either."
Perrim nods. 'Kau'i?'
Salton says, "I might be able to help, we would need them to get into my med beds"
Perrim says, "Would you allow them on board, Salton?"
Salton says, "are they infected?"
Perrim says, "Likely."
Salton says, "I would need to put up Forcefields."
Salton says, "else all of you would get infected"
Perrim nods. 'Nisidot. I assume you'd need to sterilize the med bay when you were done analyzing them?'
Kau'i nods her head, "I wanted them aboard the Salton but Tasha informed me she didn't think it would be a good idea. If this thing -is- telepathic there is no way a forcefield is going to stop us from getting infected."
Salton says, "Just the area inside the forcefield"
Salton says, "If it is purely mental, nothing would stop it"
Perrim says, "If it is purely mental, how are non-telepaths infected?"
Salton says, "I affect you when you put that helmet on"
Perrim says, "The disease, I mean..."
Kau'i nods her head, "But it has a range apparently of infection. If you're within less than two meters of infected then you'll be infected, or so Commander Grey told me when I was over on the Endeavor. Please request to talk to her about procedures that should be taken once we have our crew aboard." She looks at Perrim, "It creates some..psionic reception..I don't know exactly. You're going to have to ask Commander Grey for a run down specifically."

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "This is Commander Alexis Grey on the Endeavour to Salton. Ensign Tsalea said we need as many volunteers with psionic abilities as possible. We do. A few scientists to assist us wouldn't be bad either. The more, the merrier, afterall."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "Nisidot. We're discussing the situation presently. Standby."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "Command, what procedures should we take once our crew is aboard your vessel?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Stay off Deck 10. If you attempt to go near Deck 10, you will be transported off this ship and not allowed to return."

Salton says, "If we could get the two into my containment area, you all could monitor them from a safe distance"
Kau'i shakes her head, "No no. If we were to take -our- crew aboard us." Kau'i says quickly, "And if we -can-, and the specifics of their findings so far."
Salton says, "I can put a biobed in each"
Salton says, "its possible I could filter out what ever it is getting to them"

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "Hmm...and if we retrieved our crew members?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Then your ship is exposed to the agent. We've managed to complete seal off the deck and keep all personnel on that deck supplied and safe."

Kau'i sighs softly, "Perrim, may I talk on subspace for a moment?" She looks at the Salton droid and nods, "Lets see if they'll allow us to take our crew first."
Salton says, "May I speak?"

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "So far, we only have one ship we have to worry about as far as contamination is concerned. We would like to keep it that way."

Perrim says, "On subspace Salton, or here?"
Salton says, "Subspace"
Kau'i gets ignored. So she rolls her eyes and stands up, "All right, please let me know the progress of this all please. I'll be in the medical facilities."
Kau'i has left.
Perrim taps his Communicator and says, "Kau'i, what's your suggestion. I'd like to hear all options and opinions in this matter."
Perrim says, "Your's too, Salton. What do you think?"
Salton says, "I want to know HOW they are containing it. Aparently it can be contained."
Perrim's Communicator chirps followed by a voice saying, "I've already given my opinion already. I simply wanted to clarify matters for Commander Grey. However I'm sure me and the Salton were going to say the same thing so let him handle it. Ome out."
Perrim taps his Communicator and says, ":sighs. 'Alright. If that's what you think.'"
Perrim nods in a very general direction. 'Go ahead, Salton.'

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "Hello Endeavor. How are you containing the ifection to deck 10?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "By security measures to keep it completely contained on Deck 10."
<PNN>-[PNN News Feed] FNN News Wire - Supreme Court strikes down Militia Reform Act. Blow to Federalists. Chief Justice Merryweather noted to have said it infringed on the rights of member worlds to run their own sovereign defense militias.
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "Shields? People with Phasers? Large chunks of ice?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Shields, security access, constant monitoring. I've really left it up to Security as to how to best keep them contained since I've been a little too busy looking for a cure and all. Little pesky minute detail that is."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "Then 2 can be beamed safely to my containment area where they will be placed in Medical beds and I can interface with them. I can attempt to find the cause for the malfuntion in their minds and try to find a way to filter it out. I can not be infected as I am not living, but I have the ability to get into their minds as long as they are connected to me either on consoles or in medical beds I have been outfitted with."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "If you do this, Salton, you will not be allowed docking access to -ANY- Federation planet or facility."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Your ship will be considered contaminated."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "I see. Then your ship is contaminated as well. You are infected, yes?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "I am not infected, no. It appears to be a distance-related phenomenon. However, notice that the Endeavour is -not- currently connected with any facilities, including this Romulan base. If we were to leave here, we would be allowed access to *only* Starfleet facilities with the ability to cordone off areas should contamination be a consideration."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "and my containment areas that are designed for that specific reason will not do?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "And considering Starfleet Security is trained to deal with this sort of ... situation ... we can take small risks as a Starfleet vessel. We cannot, in good conscience extend that trust to a non-Starfleet vessel."

Salton says, "if you ask me it sounds they don't want help, but pity"
Nix shrugs slightly, "I'm no scientist. Dunno what we really could do."

[P2P->Kau'i] Nix: Hey boss, if you got any bright ideas? We seem to be running out of options.

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Salton says, "Then it sounds you don't want help, you want pity. In that case. I will pity you. If the members of my crew wish to pity you as well, they can freely. I will let bossman back on subspace."

Perrim says, "Hmm...stubborn them, aren't they?"
Nix nods, "I figure Ms. Ome should scream at them. It's proven to be highly efficient the first time I saw her."

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "I do not want pity. I don't care about pity. We're currently trying to save lives here. I'm entrusted to make decisions to save these lives."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "Er, Commander, may I ask why you are at a Romulan facility, and not a specialized Federation medical facility? Or is this a specialized Romulan Medical facility?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "That's a good question. The Endeavour was here when I found out about the situation. I brought the Deneva here to rendezvous with it and help get it under control. I have no idea why the Endeavour was brought here and have been a little too busy to order it moved. Especially since we seem to believe that Heimdall is essentially Ground Zero of it all."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "We have quick, easy access to Heimdall."

Salton deactivates all systems.

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Perrim says, "I see. So you have specialized facilities to cope with this problem on wither Endeavour or Deneva?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Well, it's difficult to have specialized facilities when this is a situation rarely, if ever, encountered, which incidently, I have people researching now. We do, however, have very decent science facilities on this ship."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "All on deck ten, no? Unless you're talking about the medical facilities you created in your cargo bay. Commander Grey, let us beam our members over, we dont need to land on any planets or Starfleet facilities aside from our own Base eventually though our members will be kept on the Salton. Whatever information we glean we will gladly share with you and we would hope the same would be extended to us. If any cure is found by us or vice versa the other will immediately come to the aid of the other. This sound reasonable?"
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Alex says, "Yes, on Deck 10. The wonderful thing about transporters is that we can use them to obtain equipment we need from areas we can't get to. Of course, it's quite obvious by your reaction and the reaction of others we've been here to help that you have no desire to actually trust us. If you want to take your members, and yours only, take them. Once you have them in your possession, you will be allowed *no* docking access to *any* Federation planets of Starfleet facilities until *Starfleet Command* can be assured no risk of contamination from your vessel."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate sounds very tired as he comes on the comm. "Why, exactly, are you taking people away from here? Doctor Petrovich and I have a very good working relationship at this point, and for you to take her away at this time would be extremely detrimental to the work we're doing here."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "I trust you fully, actually. I am just worried about the well being of my crew members. And all right, Admiral Grey. Then please keep us posted as to as your progress. Having to hail constantly to find out what is going on makes things only go slower for us. If you both wish we can have our scientists over to assist, and if we feel its neccessary to take our crew then we will when the time arises. They understand deck 10 is off limits, and is deck eight still off access or has the area been cleared?"

**INTERCOM** Nix, Perrim? This is Ome...they dont seem to be interested in us beaming our crew over, do either of you have a problem with going over to the Endeavor to assist?

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate says, "I'm just curious as to why it's so damned important for you to take her from here. Starfleet facilities are comparable to yours. Starfleet technology is comparable to yours. Starfleet's charter specifically empowers us to take on scientific endeavours. We are not merely ground-pounding phaser-wielding shock troops -- we're explorers, scientists, and diplomats, just like you."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate says, "With that said, you'll pardon me if my tone is a bit caustic -- it's a bit difficult keeping the emotions in check from whatever it is that I have."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "I'm not quite understanding why you all over there think we think you guys are incapable of doing anything other than shooting things up. I've never indicated that once and I'm quite insulted that your 'assumption' keeps on getting tossed in my face."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "It was merely an idea that we wanted out crew here so we could run our own tests as well. You have well over three hundred people down there. Doctors, scientists, a whole plethora of people who are able to aid you as well. I already aquiesed that keeping Petrovich down there would be reasonable. So are we going to work together or is anti-SF rhetoric going to be tossed continually at us when we have ideas to give as well."
<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate says, "I'm quite insulted that you'd break up the team we have working here to take people with an unknown virus with no cure deeper into Federation space so you can spread it around, director. It's taken -days- to get Doctor Petrovich to even listen to my suggestions because she has expressed those very opinions which I just indicated quite profusely. Allow me to expound on that a bit further: I was referred to as Mister Monkey for several days because of the open and blatant hostility which I have managed to successfully defuse. I merely state facts, Director; Doctor Petrovich and I have overcome our differences to work together. Whatever conclusion you have reached is your own business, but do not mistake me when I say that removing people from here is a -mistake-, and a very grave one at that."

<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "Hailing the SS Inquisitor"

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate says, "With that said, I have things to do... like working on a way to not die as my synaptic pathways shut down. Good day, Director."
<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "Are you even listening to me? This is very irritating. I just /stated/ we would not be taking Petrovich. You are an Admiral, use your ears and listen like one. We are offering ASSISTANCE, be insulted that we had an idea of wanting to take our crew members like any normal ship would. But also be aware that we're offering our help. So please stop giving me your sob story and let us know what we can do. Salton is more than willing to assist, and maybe he could go down to deck ten via the droid."

<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "Responding."
<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "This area of space is not safe to be sitting in. State your business or leave."
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "I've come to offer my scientific knowledge to the research being done about the Heimdall Array."

<UFP>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Slate says, "Any and all assistance you can provide, of course. Now, perhaps we can stop bickering and work together?"

<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "You land on Heimdall and if you launch you will be destroyed. If you wish to help find a cure it is this base you dock with."
<BQ>-[IRV Zenmensonsou|-9231 135 34] Gabriel says, "We have already granted access to the SS Inquisitor and without prior permission from a higher rank I will not take that away."

<UFP>-[Salton|-9231 135 34] Kau'i says, "Yes. Thank you."

<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "Oh, I don't want to be any trouble. If the majority of the scientific analysis is occuring on the Aehallhahi'aedt, I shall request permission to land there to help with the research."
<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "They relaunching from the infected base is a risk I am not willing to take. If they become infected they could infect anyone in the galaxy."
<BQ>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Mirantha says, "If I may, we're also conducting research on the USS Endeavour, we have a full lab set up."
<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "You may land on this base and speak to the Federation about assisting them."
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "I'm merely here to offer support to the scientific endeavors. Whereever the majority of public study is taking place, I'd like to offer my support."
<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "Pad 2 is awaiting you."
<BQ>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Mirantha says, "We'd be glad for any assistances you have, Inquisitor."
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "Understood, I'm making way for the endeavor now. Aehallhahi'aedt, requesting landing access."
<BQ>-[GCSB Aehallhahi'aedt|-9231 135 34] Diwar says, "Granted."
<BQ>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Mirantha says, "Can someone grant it please, I don't think I can."
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "Hailing the USS Endeavour."
<BQ>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Mirantha says, "t'Erij here, what can I do for you?"
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "I was hoping to come aboard and speak with you about your research. Care to beam me aboard?"
<BQ>-[USS Endeavour|-9231 135 34] Mirantha says, "I'm not sure, let me check with someone. I'm just a diplomat *chuckle* I'd say yes but I don't want to get into trouble."
<BQ>-[SS Inquisitor|-9231 135 34] Thronak says, "Understood. I'll just wait here patiently. *chuckle*"
<BQ>-[Algeron IV|-9169 177 6] Sera says, "If you wish access to the starbase, you'll need to fill out a formula with a list of all crewmembers needing access and send it to the Rihannsu Galae, then they will handle it further."